Creaform HandySCAN 700 portable 3D scanner offers increased accuracy and resolution. It is the most versatile 3D scanner on the market for inspection and demanding reverse engineering with VXelements software. It is most efficient way and reliable tool to reverse engineer and/or design with VXelements software.
- 25 times faster than the previous generation
- 40% more accurate
- Improved ergonomy:
- 35% lighter
- 50% smaller
- Greater freedom of movement
- Multi-function buttons for easier interaction with the software
- Metrology-grade measurements: accuracy of up to 0.030 mm (0.0012 in.), resolution of up to 0.050 mm (0.002 in.), high repeatability and traceable certificate.
- Accuracy in real-life conditions: regardless of environment conditions, part set-up or user.
- No rigid setup required: optical reflectors are used to create a reference system that is “locked” to the part itself, so users can move the object any way they want during scanning sessions (dynamic referencing). Changes in surrounding environment have no impact on data acquisition quality or accuracy.
- Self-positioning: the HandySCAN 3D scanner is a data acquisition system and its own positioning system. This means that no external tracking or positioning devices is required. It uses triangulation to determine its relative position to the part in real time.
- Reliable: consistent and repeatable results across all work conditions or environments.
- On-demand user calibration: the scanner can be calibrated as often as necessary (day-to-day basis or before each new scanning session). Calibration takes about 2 minutes and guarantees optimal operation.
- Stand-alone device: there is no need for an external positioning system, arms, tripod or fixture.
- On-the-go scanning: you can take it from place to place or use it in-house or on site.
- Lightweight: weights under 1 kg.
- Small: Fits into a case the size of a carry-on.
- Easy access to confined spaces: thanks to its small size and flexible stand-off distance.
- Fastest 3D scanner on the market: 25 times faster than the previous generation.
- Highest measurement rate among all laser scanners: 480,000 measures/s.
- Automatic mesh output: ready-to-use files, right as you complete acquisition.
- Quick workflow integration: usable scan files can be imported into RE/CAD software without post-processing.
- User-friendly: very short learning curve, regardless of the user’s experience level.
- Quick set-up: up and running in less than 2 minutes.
- Direct mesh output: no complicated alignment or point cloud processing.
- Real-time visualization: look at the computer screen to see what you are doing and what is left to be done.
- Versatile: virtually limitless 3D scanning – no matter the part size, complexity, material or color.
VXelements Creaform 3D Software Platform
The HandySCAN 3D scanners come with VXelements, a fully integrated 3D software platform that powers our entire fleet of 3D scanning and measurement technologies. It gathers all the essential elements and tools into a user-friendly, simplified and sleek working environment. Its real-time visualization provides a simple, enjoyable scanning experience.
VXSCAN: Scan software module
VXscan is entirely dedicated to the acquisition and optimization of 3D scanning data. It delivers high performance for that specific task, yet it is simple and user-friendly enough to suit any user’s experience level.
- User-friendly interface: VXelements was designed to simplify the whole scanning process to its essential core, through a powerful and simple process.
- Surface optimization algorithm: avoids the creation of multiple scan layers and ensures a more accurate mesh without any post-treatment;
- Direct mesh output: an optimized mesh can be exported in all standard formats, right as you complete acquisition. No complicated alignment or point cloud processing needed;
- No limitation to the scan resolution: you simply need to input a resolution value, independent from the size of the scanned object. Resolution can be changed at any time before/after the scan;
- Real-time visualization: the user can view the 3D surface as the object is being scanned;
- Scan results enhancement: hole filling, smart decimation, boundary filters, etc.
|Accuracy||Up to 0.030 mm (0.0012 in.)|
|Volumetric accuracy*||0.020 mm + 0.060 mm/m|
(0.0008 in. + 0.0007 in./ft)
|Volumetric accuracy with||MaxSHOT Next™|
|Volumetric accuracy with||0.020 mm + 0.015 mm/m|
(0.0008 in + 0.00018 in/ft)
|Resolution||0.050 mm (0.0020 in.)|
|Measurement rate||480,000 measurements/s|
|Light source||7 laser crosses (+1 extra line)|
|Laser class||2M (eye-safe)|
|Scanning area||275 x 250 mm|
(10.8 x 9.8 in.)
|Stand-off distance||300 mm (11.8 in.)|
|Depth of field||250 mm (9.8 in.)|
|Part size range|
|0.1 – 4 m (0.3 – 13 ft)|
|Output formats||.dae, .fbx, .ma, .obj, .ply, .stl, .txt, .wrl, .x3d, .x3dz, .zpr|
|Compatible software||3D Systems (Geomagic® Solutions), InnovMetric Software (PolyWorks), Dassault (CATIA V5 and SolidWorks), PTC (Pro/ENGINEER), Siemens (NX and Solid Edge), Autodesk (Inventor, Alias, 3ds Max, Maya, Softimage).|
|Weight||0.85 kg (1.9 lbs.)|
|Dimensions||77 x 122 x 294 mm (3.0 x 4.8 x 11.6 in.)|
|Connection standard||1 X USB 3.0|
|Operating temperature range||5-40 °C (41-104 °F)|
|Operating humidity range (non-condensing)||10-90%|
- Availability:5 In Stock
- Model:HandySCAN 700